Thursday 20 March 2014

Project 2 First attempt

For the last few days I have been thinking about ideas for my second project. My first idea, in which I sent to Eliot my tutor, was based around my favorite tv show as a kid - Bey blade. As the spinning top sun, it created a vortex around it, and similarly too, i wanted to do something  like this through a 3d model in grasshopper.

The hand drawing shows my early idea- To have the spinning top (upside down cone) spin and have the pointy parts follow as drawn.



As my idea progressed, I thought about what I was essentially doing - This idea above only made the points move in 2 directions, and so I didn't think it would count as an attractor method.

I kept working on the idea and thought to start very simplistic. I made a base plane and put one dot. My idea was to get a geometric shape to essentially turn to rotate that point where i

After about 8 hours of mucking around, I have this so far.

I am able to drag the point wherever I please, and the cubes follow.


My next idea I want to do is to get the cubes to rotate on both the x and y axis' to get a better effect.

Then, if I have time, I want to make the surface of the cube grid also bend on where the point goes - ie if the point goes higher on the Z axis, it will rise up with the closest point node hooked into the surface.

:) Looking forward to resting on the weekend now ive made significant progress!
moved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment