Friday 9 May 2014

More Work on my Gear concept

 Today I would be lying if I said I spent less than 8 hours on my project script. I dont say this to boast, but rather to demonstrate the fidelity of these gears and their consequential rotation axis'.

I have now created the gears as well as their axis rotation gears. I did this by creating a long shaft (extruded from the inner gear, which was an offset of the bigger gear pattern..if that makes sense..) and then extruding it to the desired height. I thought to myself "yes! I've done it" .. Buuuuuut as I kept thinking, I realised that this wouldn't make a decent gear spindle at all. Instead, I Made a circle and extruded it a to create somewhat of an anchor point for the gear not to slip through, leaving enough gap to let the gear slide on, and subsequently have a bit on top to place a cap (so the gear doesnt fall off). Below is a diagram for reference..




I have been sitting at the desk trying to get everything to line up. In order to get gears to spin, the teeth need to be in perfect sync - otherwise it will cease up. I fear that when I go to print I may encounter some problems regarding this, however, it wont be hard to fix. All I will have to do is move the sliders.

I have now created the start of a shape for which my gears will be organized upon. I am uncertain whether I wish to make it more complex at this point by introducing more angled gears, but for now I am content.








No comments:

Post a Comment